Sunday, September 11, 2011

For the Time Being

My body clock needs to be reset. I usually stay up till 7 am....anywho, No Seoul Train pics yet b/c I have yet to get my elusive camera chord. These should tell a few stories.

I've been learning to pronounce the Korean script. It actually says "heydee potuhih"!


Tokyo Drift?


Canada, Wales, Great Britain, and South Africa. The foreigner bar downtown is called "MF" for "my favorite bar"....so I guess we are all just a bunch of MF-ers!




Everything here seems to come with a bonus. There is always something extra added on just because....this is the perfect combo


Some Asians--the Ukranian/Uzbekistanian kind.


This club bumps music through woofers you can feel down the street. Needless to say it makes me realize how American that kind of rap music is and how Americans are attracted to this bar like moths to a flame.


BE POLITE at MF-ers!



There is a God.....

This little light is in my neighborhood. It blinks red if there's a car coming and yellow if the coast is clear. They really don't stop their scooters for anything here.

The nicest club downtown. That's all.

Charlie: named that way because her upper-lip looks makes it look like she has a mustache. Charlie Chaplin, being a diva as always. I canz plai fetch now?

The random opera performance in the subway. Get it.

They both went to Broughton High '02. Andrew and Jesse. The one on the right won the gold medal in the IAAF Track and Field Championships here in Daegu for high-jump (Jessie Williams). This pic was at 6 am. You best buh-lee I bought him a drink. The guy in the plaid is from Munich. I saved his number in my phone as "Munich"...the number was international and would cost me alot to call. He wanted to meet up again,  but it never happened. It gave me a twinge on homesickness when I realized he would fly  home in 3 more days. Me, however, I actually live here now?! That was the beginning of it sinking in. All these new people just come in and out of your life so fast. It's like a training-course in "don't get attached 101"....

The opening ceremony. Bring the world together.

On the way to the stadium for the championships....try breathing Korea! This was reminescent of my trip to DC for Obama's inauguration.


At the double-decker bus restaurant. Drunchies: Korean style.

Vinyl Cocktail Massacre

More Asians. All of these guys are dancers at Woobang Land Amusement park. Kinda like my friends who work at Busch Gardens at home. Fun crowd!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo jealous of your Ukrainians and Uzbeks! You'll have to introduce me when I make it down there. And it's sooo weird seeing Charlie on someone else's blog! She's doing quite well in her new home, BTW :-)

    ReplyDelete